Submissions for the 12th Film Festival are now open !
Short Films and Scripts Wanted!
Early Deadline : May 4th- €12 - Closed
Regular Deadline: July 27th- €15- Now Open
Late Deadline : August 31st - € 20
Please read the rules below
There are two options to pay your entry fee and to enter your short films and scripts.
1. Submit on FilmFreeway and pay your entry fee on their system.
2. Pay your fee on Paypal by clicking the buy now button and fill out the form below the rules on this page, thank you.
Pay the entry fee on Paypal below and then proceed to fill out the online form on this page, thank you.
Waterford Crystal Awards for Best Short Film & Best Short Screenplay
The Waterford Film Festival has teamed up with InkTip and they are offering the below prize for our winners. Other prizes are listed in the rules description below.
Prize for winners of the script and film competition from InkTip is a script listing . Winners will be able to promote their scripts and themselves to InkTip's large network of producers and reps.
Every InkTip producer has been vetted via resume and references and demonstrated the ability to get movies made. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, and 20th Century Fox.
2018 Film and Script Rules
Each Film or Script must be accompanied by an entry form and the entry Fee. Pay the fee by clicking on the link above then proceed to fill out the Online Form below.
Short Film Competition
Best Short Film Waterford City & County Council Award.
Best Short Film Waterford City & County Council Award.
Finalists will have their films screened during the festival in Central Arts Cinema . On the last day an overall winner will be announced and a cash prize will we awarded as well as a certificate and a Waterford Crystal Award. 2nd place certificates will also be awarded as well as a crystal award.
The Waterford Film Festival will accept entries of all genres of films less than 20 minutes. Filmmakers worldwide can submit their work. Non- English language films must be dubbed in English or have English subtitles. Films produced from January 2016 onward will be considered.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
All entries will be viewed by the selection committee. The Festival will make no cuts or changes. Festival selections will be announced by Mid October 2018. All entrants will be notified by email. Selected films will also be posted on our website. The festival does not pay rental fees for submitted work.
COPYRIGHT: Filmmakers are responsible for securing all copyright clearances and music rights.
PLEASE NOTE: While we make every effort to follow screening times as printed in the festival program guide, WFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after festival line-up is announced.
Filmmakers are encouraged to attend the festival but it is not compulsory
Do not send any press kits until they are requested by festival staff. Once a film is submitted for consideration it cannot be retracted.
By entering your film for consideration for the 2018 Waterford Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2018 Waterford Film Festival. The Waterford Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The application shall indemnify and hold harmless The Waterford Film Festival and Central Arts and employees of said entities from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
Short Screenplay Competition Rules
1. By signing the online entry form you agree to the following rules.
2. The Waterford Film Festival short screenplay competition is open to people from any nationality and from any country. Submission fees must be paid, entries that do not include a fee will not be considered. FEES CAN BE PAID ONLINE VIA GARTER LANE WEBSITE
3. The screenplay must not have been previously produced but can be optioned. If your screenplay is selected to be a finalist, writer's must prove they own the script. A production company must have permission/clearance from the writer to enter. A signed letter can be scanned and sent into us. You do not have to send it during selection stages. Awards will be awarded to the writer(s) only.
4. Screenplays must be written in English.
5. The screenplay must not be less than 5 pages and no more than 15 pages.
6. All genres will be considered.
7. Screenplays must be sent via online form
8. All entries must include the signed form agreeing to these rules via online form.
9. If your screenplay is selected to be a finalist, you give the festival permission to use your name and image in festival promotions, press etc. (Do not send any photos at this stage)
10. All submissions will be judged by WFF Committees appointed by the Festival Director. Their reports and decisions are final and confidential.
11. Writers can submit as many screenplays as they wish but they must fill in a separate entry form and pay separate fees for each screenplay.
12. The WFF reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
13. All writers will be notified by mid October if they have been selected as a finalist.
14. Finalists are encouraged to attend the final day of the festival but it is not compulsory
15. Writers retain all rights to their screenplay
PLEASE ONLY HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON ONCE.