Submissions for the 11th Film Festival are now open!
Films & Scripts Wanted!
Early Deadline June 30th
Entry Fee: €15 per project
Please first pay your fee by clicking the link below and fill out the online submission form at the end of this page, thank you.
The payment link below will bring you to the Garter Lane website, then click on the 'Buy Tickets Now' Tab on the Garter Lane page. Then return to this page and proceed to fill out the online submission form below.
Waterford Crystal Awards for Best Short Film & Best Short Screenplay
2017 Film and Script Rules
Each Film or Script must be accompanied by an entry form and the entry Fee. Pay the fee by clicking on the link above then proceed to fill out the Online Form below.
Short Film Competition
Best Short Film Waterford City & County Council Award.
Finalists will have their films screened during the festival in Garter Lane Arts Centre and on the last day an overall winner will be announced and a cash prize will we awarded as well as a certificate and a Waterford Crystal Award. 2nd place certificates will also be awarded as well as a crystal award.
The Waterford Film Festival will accept entries of all genres of films less than 20 minutes. Filmmakers worldwide can submit their work. Non- English language films must be dubbed in English or have English subtitles. Films produced from January 2015 onward will be considered.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
All entries will be viewed by the selection committee. The Festival will make no cuts or changes. Festival selections will be announced by the end of September 2017. All entrants will be notified by email. Selected films will also be posted on our website. The festival does not pay rental fees for submitted work.
COPYRIGHT: Filmmakers are responsible for securing all copyright clearances and music rights.
PLEASE NOTE: While we make every effort to follow screening times as printed in the festival program guide, WFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after festival line-up is announced.
Filmmakers are encouraged to attend the festival but it is not compulsory
Do not send any press kits until they are requested by festival staff. Once a film is submitted for consideration it cannot be retracted.
By entering your film for consideration for the 2017 Waterford Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2017 Waterford Film Festival. The Waterford Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The application shall indemnify and hold harmless The Waterford Film Festival and Garter Lane Arts Centre and employees of said entities from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
Short Screenplay Competition Rules
1. By signing the online entry form you agree to the following rules.
2. The Waterford Film Festival short screenplay competition is open to people from any nationality and from any country. Submission fees must be paid, entries that do not include a fee will not be considered. FEES CAN BE PAID ONLINE VIA GARTER LANE WEBSITE
3. The screenplay must not have been previously produced but can be optioned. If yiur screenplay is selected to be a finalists. Writer must prove they own the script or have permission/clearance from the writer. A signed letter can be scanned and sent into us. You do not have to send it during selection stages. Awards will be awarded to the writer(s) only.
4. Screenplays must be written in English.
5. The screenplay must not be less than 5 pages and no more than 15 pages.
6. All genres will be considered.
7. Screenplays must be sent via online form
8. All entries must include the signed form agreeing to these rules via online form.
9. If your screenplay is selected to be a finalist, you give the festival permission to use your name and image in festival promotions, press etc. (Do not send any photos at this stage)
10. All submissions will be judged by WFF Committees appointed by the Festival Director. Their reports and decisions are final and confidential.
11. Writers can submit as many screenplays as they wish but they must fill in a separate entry form and pay separate fees for each screenplay.
12. The WFF reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
13. All writers will be notified by the end of September if they have been selected as a finalist.
14. Finalists are encouraged to attend the final day of the festival but it is not compulsory